2014 – 2015
- 25 June 2015: Abandoned Goods, a short essay film about the extraordinary collection of artworks created by patients detained in Netherne psychiatric hospital between 1946 and 1981.
- 29 May 2015: The past, present and future of pain control
- November 2014: Representing Pain, Visualising Illness: public lecture and workshop,
- November 2014: How We Read: A Sensory History of Books for Blind People: exhibition and workshop events,
- January 2014: Book launch: Disabled Children’s Childhood Studies
We also hold a regular reading group which meets monthly throughout term time to explore key readings, ideas and materials in the field of medical humanities. Find more information on The Birkbeck Medical Humanities Reading Group page.